Friday, February 9, 2007

Podcasting

For this tech challenge, I listened to one of the Podcast Alley top ten podcasts. Interesting, but...I won't be listening again. However, I have subscribed to a podcast in the past. I used to subscribe to a foreign language podcast...helping me brush up on my foreign language skills. I found it very useful for a while (until I no longer had the time). It was so easy to have exactly what I wanted sent to me. I believe that on demand is the way of the future.

I believe that podcasting could be used for a variety of library services. Some ideas I read about in Deborah Lee's article for Library Administration and Management were to use podcasts for library tours. I've heard of some libraries lending mp3 players. I believe teens are ideal targets for podcasting. Leting some of their programming be featured via podcast is great. Lee mentions the Lansing Public Library's "Teen Poetry Cafe" available as a podcast. I think this is a terrific idea.

1 comment:

ETC said...

Susan - Congratulations on completing Tech Challenge - Podcasting. We hope that you found this challenge to be informative. You have been given credit for completing this challenge.

Please remember that in order for your name to be included in the prize drawing, you must complete all 10 Tech Challenges by the end of the business day on February 13, 2007.

Good Luck!

ETC